Terms of participation in WOOD 2018 workshop
Zlín – Czech republic, on 18. – 27. June 2018
Tree trunks will be available in various types of wood, their diameters ranging from 30 to 50 cm, at lengths of up to 5 m. If we are informed of the amount, type and size of the raw material desired, an attempt shall be made to allow for it.
1. The Wood 2018 workshop is devised for students of art colleges at higher education level who have completed at least three terms at such an establishment.
2. Any application sent to the Thomas Bata Foundation should comprise evidence of at least three different examples of work by the student, as well as any notion of the sculpture in terms of area/space that the student is planning to create at the workshop (in JPEG format). All applications lacking the particulars outlined above shall be rejected.
Applications should arrive by 8 June 2018 at the latest.
3. The maximum number of participants is limited to 8 due to the capacity available.
4. Participants are expected to bring their own work clothing and footwear as well as their own hand tools for working the wood (chisels, mallets, etc). Other tools and personal protection equipment will be provided by the organiser; for example, powered and cordless chainsaws, grinders, drills, etc. Participants are welcome to bring their own powered saws.
5. The requirement for health and accident insurance for the duration of the stay applies to any foreign participant. Proof of insurance must be presented upon arrival.
6. The Thomas Bata Foundation shall contribute towards food expenses at the amount of CZK 5,000. Accommodation is provided and paid for by Thomas Bata Foundation.
7. The City Zlin awards the two best statues with price of CZK 5,000.